The Voyager 20A is a class leading 20-amp charge controller with an IP67 rating. It is perfect for outdoor use, and can withstand water spray, rain, and condensation. Equipped with advanced PWM technology, it supports both 12V and 24V off-grid applications, and is compatible with 4 different battery types, including Lithium Iron Phosphate. The Voyager 20A also ensures your system's longevity with solar panel, battery, and controller protections.
Utilizing smart PWM technology, the Voyager provides 4-stage charging (Bulk, Absorption, Float and Equalization) in order to protect the battery. It also provides multiple battery, controller, and PV electronic protections to ensure charging and usage safety.
The Renogy Voyager PWM Waterproof Controller is compact and lightweight, making it perfect for applications with limited space. With a weight of only 0.55lb, a height of 3.84 inches and a width of 6.08 inches, this controller is ready to be installed in small spaces.
The Voyager PWM Waterproof Controller is a common positive ground charge controller, beneficial in ensuring charging safety.
Fitted with a Remote Temperature Sensor Port, the Voyager can measure battery temperature in real-time and use this data for very accurate temperature compensation, assuring stable and constant charging.
In a 12V system, the Voyager PWM Waterproof Controller only needs 0.22w/h or 1.92kmh/365days. Therefore, consuming extremely low levels of energy while working to charge your battery.
The Voyager PWM Waterproof Controller supports both 12V and 24V systems and can automatically identify system voltage once connected to a Gel, AGM, Flooded battery bank.
- 1. For users using PWM controller in their solar system, we highly recommend you to connect the solar panels in parallel since it will maintain the PV output voltage under which the controller will work in high efficiency.
- 2. Never install the controller in a sealed enclosure with flooded batteries as gas can accumulate and there is a risk of explosion.
- 3. The solar controller should be installed as near the battery as possible to avoid efficiency loss.
- 4. Incorrect battery type setting on the controller may damage your battery. The system auto-recognition is only adapted to Gel, AGM, and Flooded batteries so when using the Voyager to charge a lithium battery bank, please manually set the system voltage otherwise the over-discharged lithium battery will not be activated.
- 5. To maintain best controller performance, it is recommended to avoid any damage or wear wire going into the controller and make sure all terminals are tighten, inspect any loose, broken, or burnt up connections, and occasionally clean the case using a damp cloth.
If you have any questions regarding this product, please call us at 1 (909) 287-7111 or submit a ticket for troubleshooting assistance.
More questions about the inverter and your off-grid power system? Learn more from Renogy Learning Center!
New Edition Voyager 20A PWM Waterproof Solar Charge Controller
|Voyager 20A PWM Waterproof Solar Charge Controller|
|Electrical Parameters||Environmental Data|
|Nominal System Voltage||12/24V Auto-Detect||Protection Level||IP67|
|Rated Charge Current||20A||Operating Temperature Range||-31°F - 113°F|
|PV Input Voltage Range||15V-55V||Storage Temperature Range||-31°F - 167°F|
|Max. Pv Open Circuit Voltage||12V@25V 24V@55V||Operating / Storage Humidity||10%-90%, No Condensation|
|Max. PV Input Power||12V @ 260W / 24V@520W||Temperature Compensation||'-3mV/C/2V excludes LI|
|Battery Types||SLD/AGM, GEL, FLD. LI||Dimensions||6.08*3.83*1.40 in|
|Power Consumption||12V @ 0.24W / 24V@0.74W||Weight||0.55Ibs|
|Max Battery Voltage||32V||Max. Cable Size||6 AWG|
|Ground Type||Positive||Controller Terminals||20 - 6 AWG, 2-pin terminals|
|Electrical Protection||Battery/Controller over-temperature protection, PV/Battery reverse polarity, Over-voltage, Over-current protection||Optional Accessories|
|Communication Port||N/A||Temperature Sensor RTSVOY-US||22AWG 10FT|
Bulk charging charges batteries to 75-80% of full charge.
Boost Charging gradually completes the remaining charge to full.
Float Charging maintains battery charge.
Equalization Charging increases the battery voltage to higher than the standard complement voltage and gasifies the battery electrolyte, which is carried out every 28 days. Certain types of batteries benefit from periodic equalizing charges, stirring the electrolyte, balancing battery voltage, and completing chemical reactions.