Renogy's DC to DC MPPT on-board Battery Charger is designed to give you options! This multi-stage, multi-input battery charger can charge a service battery from a starting battery linked to an alternator or by utilizing solar panels connected directly to the unit. While your vehicle's alternator prioritizes your starting battery, this unit will allow your solar system to charge your service battery first! It's the smart way to keep yourself fully charged and off-grid longer! And with multi-stage charging and multi-chemistry functionality, Renogy's DC to DC MPPT Charger has you covered whether you're using Flooded, Gel, AGM, or Lithium batteries. With RJ45 communication port featured, you can unlock monitoring features exclusively using the BT-2 Bluetooth Module and Renogy DC Home App, control and monitor the device remotely through your phone in real time.
Comes with sturdy compact design, this Renogy DC-DC On-Board Battery Charger with MPPT can be safely and easily connected to any 12-volt system and allows safe operation in any position or portable devices without the worry of incorrect connections or sparks.
WIth Built-in Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT) technology, this battery charger with MPPT maximizes the solar power when charging from solar panels, and ensures that the loads receive maximum current to be used.
This Renogy DC-DC On-Board Battery Charger with MPPT is compatible with both traditional and smart alternators. For smart alternator, an IGN Port is featured to connect the Vehicle Ignition for auto-trigger once it detects the vehicle is started.
When connected with two batteries, it is vital to be able to isolate the two start and service batteries for charging safety. Renogy Dual Input DC-DC On Board MPPT Battery Charger with its built-in VSR allows vehicle owners to enjoy the benefits of fully charged deep cycle service batteries while reliably isolating it to the engine starting battery with one easy-to-install charging system.
Featured with Remote Temperature Sensor Port, the Voyager can measure the temperature at the battery in real-time and uses this data for very accurate temperature compensation for both too high or low battery temperature, and thus adjust charging voltage to assure stable and constant charging to the battery.
This Renogy DC-DC On-Board Battery Charger with MPPT was specially die-cast aluminum designed for efficient and ZERO dB noiseless heat dissipation.
This diagram shows the whole connection of the DC-DC On-Board Battery Charger.
An external fuse is required for installation.
- If you have any questions regarding this product, please call us at 1 (909) 287-7111 or or submit a ticket for troubleshooting assistance.
- More questions about your off-grid power system? Learn more from Renogy Learning Center!
Battery Temperature Sensor
IGN Signal Wire
RS485 Communication Cable
|DCC50S 12V 30A DC-DC On-Board Battery Charger with MPPT|
|Electrical Parameters||Mechanical Specifications|
|System Voltage||12VDC||Ground Type||Negative|
|Battery voltage Range||9-16VDC||Terminal Size||M8*1.25 - 10mm|
|Maximum Charging Current||30A||Temperature Compensation||-3mV/C/2V|
|Battery Types||SLD/AGM, GEL, FLD, LISER||Operating Temperature Range||-31°F - 149°F|
|Service Battery Charging Mode||MPPT||Storage Temperature Range||-40°F - 176°F|
|Charging Efficiency||Up to 97%||Operating / Storage Humidity||0%-95%, No Condensation|
|Max. Solar Input Voltage||25V||Dimensions||9.6*5.7*3.0in|
|Max. Solar Input Power||400W||Weight||3.13Ibs|
|Alternator Input Voltage||Traditional Alternator: 13.2-16VDC Smart Alternator (Euro 6): 12-16VDC||Communication Protocol||RS485|
|Max. Alternator Input Power||400W||Certifications|
|Material and workmanship warranty||2 Year||FCC Part 15 class B||YES|
1. What type of alternator is this on-board battery charger compatible with?
2. What will happen if the service battery is fully charged?
3. What types of battery does the charger support?
4. How do I set the battery since there is no display screen?
1. Do not reverse the polarity since the reverse polarity of the battery connections can cause injury and damage to the device.
2. When connecting the charger and the battery, make sure the battery poles are clean when connecting the terminals, select a sufficient cross-section for the connection cable, tighten the nuts and bolts with proper torque as loose connections may cause overheating.
3. Be careful not to over-torque the terminals on the DCDC as over-torquing may cause irreparable damage (Do not exceed 16 N-m / 3.3 ft-lb).
4. Use the following cable colors:
Red: positive connection
Black: negative connection
5. If the battery charger is connected to the starting battery and solar panels at the same time, the maximum input current will be 15A for each; if the battery charger only connects one of the two DC inputs, the maximum input current will be 30A.
More questions about your off-grid power system? Learn more from Renogy Learning Center!
Please click the links below to download the manuals:
|RBC3050D1S Fuse Installation Instructions|