The Renogy 20A AC-to-DC Charger is an automatic, portable charger intended for 12V Lithium-iron phosphate (LFP) batteries. It includes 12AWG alligator clips and outputs power based on the battery's power, voltage, and current condition. The unit's status indicator light illustrates the connected battery's operating mode and condition. The Portable LFP charger automatically monitors and maintains the battery at full charge.
When the lithium battery encounters low temperature/low voltage, the BMS protection will be triggered, and charging cannot be performed. This charger provides a lithium battery activation function that quickly exits the protection mode and recharges. The charger's indicator light can remind the wrong charging status and achieves all-round monitoring and protection.
The charger has a 3-stage intelligent charging design: high current (cc), constant voltage (cv), and trickle. It can accurately identify battery voltage and automatically switch charging mode and provide fast and efficient charging for lithium batteries; the charger's efficiency can reach up to 92%.
The charger comes with one battery charging cable, the alligator clips suggested for short-term use. The battery charger has a wide AC input voltage range, 100-240 VAC 50/60Hz, which is compatible with AC power grids in different countries to meet the needs of fast charging anytime and anywhere.
The charger has six built-in protection functions to ensure charging safety, including short circuit protection, over-current protection, over-temperature protection, over-voltage protection, under-voltage protection, and reverse polarity protection.
The charger's indicator light can remind the wrong charging status and achieves all-around monitoring and protection.
The product uses a patented plastic profile design, and the shell itself can achieve rapid heat dissipation. The fanless design brings users a zero-noise charging experience and reduces concerns about the installation angle and space of the product.
3-quick-step to quickly establish the connection of battery and charger, the steps are as follows:
1. Connect the negative output terminal of the charger to the negative terminal of the battery
2. Connect the positive output terminal of the charger to the positive terminal of the battery
3. Connect the AC Charger Power Adapter Cable to the AC port of the charger
20A AC-to-DC LFP Portable Battery Charger
|20A AC-to-DC LFP Portable Battery Charger
|Input Voltage: 100-240 VAC ~ 50/60Hz
|Input Amps: 5A Max
|Output Voltage: 14.6 VDC
|Output Amps: 20A
|Minimum Battery Voltage: 8V
|Room Operating Temperature: -29°C~45°C / -20°F~113°F
|Storage Temperature: -40°C~75°C/ -40°F ~ 167°F
|Current Protection: 250V 10A Fuse built in
|Dimensions: 9.17 x 4.25 x 2.52in / 233 x 108 x64mm
|Weight: 3.75 lbs / 1.7kgs
|Cable Length: Approx 39in / 1000mm
|Cable Gauge: 12 AWG
|Protection: Overcurrent Protection (Fuse 250V 10A), Short Circuit Protection
|1-year material warranty
What kind of batteries is suitable for this charger?
1. This charger is specially designed for lithium battery charging.
2. This is a 12V dedicated lithium battery charger, where 12V refers to the voltage platform of the battery. The 12V voltage platform has one form: the battery itself is a 12V battery, and the other is formed by connecting multiple small voltage platform batteries in parallel. For example, two 12V lithium batteries are connected in parallel can form a 12V voltage.
To sum up, this charger is designed for 12V lithium iron phosphate.
Can this charger wake up a lithium battery that triggers BMS protection?
What are the accessories for this charger? What functionality does each provide?
1. Accessories include an alligater clip battery cable, and Blade Fuse.
2. The role of the battery cable: Provide one easy-to-operate connection methods to facilitate the user to realize the connection between the charger and the battery quickly
3. The role of the Blade Fuse: to provide the reverse connection protection of the battery. If the charger's positive and negative output terminals are accidentally reversed, it will burn only the fuse, and the AC charger will be safe, providing double protection.
What are the phenomena of this charger in different charging stages?
1. When the charger is in the fast high-current charging stage, it will provide a maximum charging current of 20A, and the charger's indicator light is slow flashing red, indicating that it is charging.
2. When the charger is in the constant voltage charging stage, the charging current will continue to decrease to 2A, and the charger's indicator light is slow flashing red, indicating it is charging.
3. When the charger is in the trickle phase, the charging current will be less than 1A, and the charger's indicator light will be green, indicating that it is fully charged.