The Battery Voltage Sensor (BVS) is the perfect solution by providing a more accurate battery voltage to the controller and allowing it to adjust the charging stage more precisely resulting in overall extension of your battery life. In certain applications with long line runs, there can be a difference between the voltage measured at an MPPT/PWM solar charger’s terminals and that measured at the battery terminals. This BVS provides a more precise voltage from the battery terminals. It's a plug-and-play solution for your solar system.
This Battery Voltage Sensor provides a more accurate battery charging voltage to the charge controller. It allows the controller to adjust the charging stage more precisely, thereby improving overall performance and longevity of the battery.
Works with Rover 60A/100A, Rover Boost 10A, Rover Elite 20A/40A, Adventurer Li 30A charge controllers as well as the 30A/50A DC-DC MPPT battery chargers.
- Rover 60A/100A: "Battery Sampling" port
- Rover Boost 10A and Rover Elite 20A/40A: "BATT" port
- Adventurer Li 30A: "Batt Remote" port
- 30A/50A DC-DC Charger w/ MPPT: "BVS" port
- Compatible with 12V, 24V, 36V, and 48V battery banks as well as lead-acid (Flooded, Sealed, and Gel) and lithium iron phosphate batteries.
- Works with all Renogy Lithium 12V/48V, AGM 12V, and GEL 12V batteries.
1) Position the green terminal block as shown in the picture.
2) Loosen the terminal block screws on top by rotating it counterclockwise.
3) Connect the positive pin - Left, using the Red Wire. Tighten the screws by rotating clockwise.
4) Connect the negative pin - Right, using the Black Wire. Tighten the screws.
Connect two M8 ring terminals to the battery. Red for the positive end, black for the negative.
- Simply plug the green terminal block into the compatible battery voltage sensor port of your charge controller or battery charger.
- Verify successful connection by making sure that the green connector is plugged firmly in the port and using a multi-meter to read the respective battery terminals on the screws.
Battery Voltage Sensor with Battery Ring Terminals
|Battery Voltage Sensor with Battery Ring Terminals|
|Nominal Voltage: 12V/24V/36V/48V Battery Banks||Length: 16.4 ft (5 m)|
|Terminals: M8 (Approx. 5/16") Ring Terminals||Weight: 0.44 lbs (0.2 kg)|
Yes, it works with Renogy Adventurer Li- 30A PWM charge controller. The connection port is "Batt Remote".
In certain applications with long line runs, there can be a difference between the voltage measured at an MPPT/PWM solar charger’s terminals and that measured at the battery terminals. This Battery Voltage Sensor provides a more accurate battery voltage to the controller and allows the controller to adjust the charging stage more precisely, resulting in an overall extension of your battery life.