Of the many energy sources currently on the market, the popularity of solar batteries has increased substantially compared to standard lithium and alkaline batteries. Solar powered systems provide individuals with more flexibility in their lifestyle and allows for a more sustainable and environmentally cautious way to generate power. In this article we will discuss some of the distinguishing characteristics of solar powered systems and how you can get started into buying your own solar battery.
WHAT ARE SOLAR BATTERIES?
A solar battery is a device and type of battery that can reserve its energy for consumption at a later time, through a corresponding solar system. Essentially, solar batteries’ power sources’ stems from direct sunlight. These batteries are advantageous for a multitude of reasons. AC charging is unlike DC (Direct Current) charging, which is what solar batteries use. DC charging can be used off-grid and can be more reliable at times, amongst a list of other things. Solar batteries are deep cycle meaning, the batteries are meant for long lasting use and deep charging / discharging cycles. Solar batteries are unique in that the quality of the product and its accompanying components often are able to run almost as efficiently as they did at the beginning of their first usage cycle. Also, unlike lead-acid batteries, solar batteries have a high reserved capacity and lifespan and can be used off-grid.
HOW SHOULD I GO ABOUT SELECTING THE RIGHT BATTERY?
When first deciding to go solar, it’s important to keep in mind a few crucial steps in the process and note the details specific to your charging goals. Identifying what your budget is and what your power consumption will be on a regular basis, will set a strong foundation for what batteries and capacities will be needed for adequate use. Solar power is based on the metric of Amp Hours. To get a general idea of what battery will have a high enough threshold for your project, take your daily consumption in Amp Hours and double that number for a battery bank capacity. Because there is a mass of components assessed in your project, it is advisable to obtain as much specific information about your power needs and seek an expert in the field. RV dealerships and battery supply stores are good places to not only speak with someone about your project, but also take a look at the types of batteries and brands available. After that, you will be able to follow up with some research of your own. What’s best for someone else’s solar project may not be what’s best for yours.
HOW IS RENOGY DIFFERENT FROM COMPETITORS?
Renogy offers some of the most affordable options in the field, yet continues to maintain high quality performance and satisfaction amongst consumers. Renogy is unique because the products are centered around a ‘do it yourself’ (DIY) mentality, which allows individuals of varying experience levels the opportunity to assemble the product themselves. Renogy continues to be innovative and is constantly seeking new and growing opportunities. Renogy was one of the first companies to sell DC-DC chargers, which now allows for charging from a vehicle’s battery and alternator to a solar battery. While most of the products are deemed user friendly, Renogy recognizes the importance and necessity of customer and technical support, and is equipped to advise you on any matters or issues that may arise.
With the wide range of products available, Renogy offers a few products perfectly suited for beginner solar users. A few recommendations from the Renogy team of experts include:
PHOENIX 300 Power Station: this ultra-portable device is equipped to power DC and AC electronics.
- Delivers stable 200W power for charging anything from laptops, tablets, and smartphones to handheld video game consoles, drones, cameras, mini-fridges, lights, speakers, TVs, CPAP machines and much more
- Equipped with a 60W quick charge Type-C port and 18W USB-A port for a 60% faster charging time
- With a UL listed lithium-ion battery at its core, the Phoenix 300 is able to reach more than 1000 life cycles
- Can be recharged with a car port via its DC 12-25V input port, wall outlets and the fast-charging 60W PD Port
- For further product details please click on the link: https://www.renogy.com/phoenix-300-power-station/
100 Watt 12 Volt Monocrystalline Foldable Solar Suitcase with Voyager: this product kit comes pre-connected and is ready to charge a 12V or 24V battery immediately after opening, with only a few minute setting changes.
- Compatible with gel, sealed, lithium, and flooded batteries
- Charge controller with LCD display for displaying operating information and data
- 20A built-in 5-stage solar charge controller provides overcharge protection, reducing fire risk
- For further product details please click on the link: https://www.renogy.com/100-watt-12-volt-monocrystalline-foldable-solar-suitcase-with-voyager/